Trantec understands the importance of variation in auger materials. We provide a range of applicable materials, used to meet strict manufacturing specifications. Our construction materials include:
- 303/304/316 stainless steel augers and auger conveyors
- UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene)
- Brass augers
- Metal detectable plastic
- Mild steel
- Plastic augers
We can advise on each material pros & cons to help you understand what auger material is best suited to you. From corrosion resistance of various steels alloys to the chemical resistance of UHMWPE, Trantec can assist. Below are a few examples.
Advantages of UHMWPE
- High resistance to tensile and compressive stress.
- High operational temperatures and good dielectric properties.
- Highly resistant to most stripping agents and solvents, including alkalis, acids, organic solvents, degreasing agents, and non-toxic electrolytic attack.
- Easy assembly, production, and non-staining qualities.
- Abrasion and chemical erosion resistant when compared to other polymers.
- Self-lubricating with non-stick qualities.
Advantages of 304 Stainless Steel
- 304 contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel which provides resistance to acidic and caustic solutions
- Reduced chance of intergranular corrosion
Advantages of 316 Stainless Steel
- Greater resistance levels all round than the 304 family
- Easier fabrication, cleaning, and welding properties
- Increased resistance to sodium chloride-based substances